I have wanted to go to Dinosaur National Monument for 15 years. The six hourish drive from Denver makes it tough on typical two day weekends, BUT Memorial Day 2015 would prove to be the year we made it AND the kick off to the 2015 Camping Season. We opted for the Utah side as it seemed to have a bit of everything – campgrounds, hiking, dinosaur doings and, as rain has been an issue as of late, more passable roads and the weather proved . Want to go? 10 reasons to get Dinosaur National Monument now!
1. Great $12 / night Campsites. (P.S. Rumor is the campsites rarely fill up except on holiday weekends)
3. And Views
4. And Views
5. Learn about Ladies that Were Legends
6. See Ancient Art? Graffiti? Both? Neither?
7. See Dinosaurs!
8. Stop at Crazy Adorable Coffee Shops on the Way There
9. And When You Wake Up and It Looks Like a Virtual Guarantee it will Rain All Day….Drive to Steamboat Springs and Go Bowling
10. And get the reminder that Colorado is truly a four season state somewhere – seemingly every day of the year.
A few extra tips if you go:
- Learn about the lady legends of the area
- Get detailed trail maps
- Find campgrounds and make camping reservations
- Get all the insider info on exploring Dinosaur National Monument
- Float down the river on a raft
- Spend some days camping and others in a hotel
- Don’t want to miss out on any other travel tips? Follow us on Facebook