The city for stoners and scholars, gay rights and human rights, sun worshippers and skiers, artists and performers, beer lovers and bike riders.
Could Denver, Colorado be the best city in the United States?
Well, where else can you find…
- 25 days of sun a month (or 300 days of sun a year) (or more sun than San Diego or Miami)
- The highest percentage of high school and college graduates in the country
- Legalized marijuana
- A population that is 52% white, 32% Hispanic, 10% black and two of the last four mayors have been African American
- The skinniest city (in the skinniest state) in the country
- State recognized civil unions
- The biggest urban park system in the United States (205 parks, dudes)
- 650 miles of paved bike trails (Distance between Denver and Vegas? 753 miles)
- One of the first three states in the US to allow women to vote
- 25 ski resorts within 100 miles of the city
- The second largest performing arts center in the United States
- 200 visible mountain peaks, 32 of which are over 13,000 feet
- A self imposed 10th of a cent sales tax which raises $36 million dollars a year, making Denver the largest art collecting municipality in the country
- The only city in the US to say, “Thanks, but no thanks” to the Olympics
- The same amount of precipitation as Los Angeles
- Seven sports teams
- Average high temperature in February? 49
- More beer brewed daily (80 varieties) than in any other city in the US + extra thin air to get you drunker – faster
The Books I Use to Find Places to Go & Things to Do in Denver & Colorado
Want more like this delivered straight to your inbox?